Roles and responsibilities
- Lead all the optical (mechanical), robotics, and mechanics activities in the company.
- Be part of the R&D leadership and take part in the full multidisciplinary system design and R&D activities.
- Collaborate with all the R&D teams, consultants, and subcontractors, including Software, Algorithms, Hardware, Optics, Industrial Design, Clinical, and QA.
- Set the optical, robotics and mechanical development lifecycle methodologies and quality system, in accordance with best practice contemporary development methodologies and medical devices development regulatory requirements
- Define and design all the robotics, mechanics, optical and enclosure elements of the system, personally hands-on and by collaborating with consultants, and subcontractors.
- Be responsible for the manufacturing, assembly, and integration of all prototypes.
- Be responsible for the optics, robotics and mechanics engineering and manufacturing files, including manufacturing and assembly processes, production-line testing and calibrations procedures and tools.
- Set and execute the optics, robotics and mechanical integration and verification processes.
- Take part in system debugging, integration processes, as well as clinical trials.
- BSc or a higher degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 5 years of experience as a multidisciplinary mechanical hands-on designer and integrator.
- At least 3 years of experience with developing medical devices.
- Experience with working with consultants and subcontractors for design and manufacturing.
- Experience in at least 2 of the following disciplines: Optics (mechanical design), Precision Motion Mechanisms and Control, Microfluidic Pumps and Flow.
- Experience in manufacturing, assembly, and integration of prototypes.
- Experience in integration processes with a collaboration with HW and SW teams.
- Experience in producing engineering and manufacturing files, including manufacturing and assembly processes, production-line testing and calibrations procedures and tools.
- Experience in working in an early-stage startups is a significant advantage.
- A team player, hard worker, highly committed, and with good communication skills.
- Reporting to the company SVP R&D.
- Full-time position.
- Flexible hours, but significant office and lab presence is required.